- Scott & Weirdo's Double H PledgePage: raising funds for a special camp for sick children (like the "hole in the wall gang" camp, also started by Paul Newman).
- Agostino Lucia Undergraduate Endowment: started by Lucien in memory of his father--a scholarship fund for studies on the environment at NC State.
- Tyler Smith's PledgePage: a 10 year old riding for a cure for multiple sclerosis.
- Robert Sasse's PledgePage: supporting the work of doctors who work with hill tribes in Thailand.
- Jen Wright's PledgePage: running 2 marathons a month apart for the leukemia/lymphoma society.
- Anne Katrine: (this event already happened in 2006, but I was so inspired reading her pledgepage) -- climbing Mt Elbrus to raise funds for ovarian cancer research.
- The Great COFE for CF: (once again) ... a guy with cystic fibrosis cycling across Europe to raise awareness about the disease and funds for research...an amazing pledgepage by Walter.
- Grandma Wong: (most of you already know about her plight--since one of our volunteers posted an entry about her) ... an older woman about to get evicted in Oakland.
- The Great COFE for Cystic Fibrosis: Walter -- riding from Paris to Istanbul for cystic fibrosis (he himself has the disease, and is spreading awareness about it).
- Supporting Sandra Tellis: a fundraiser for a woman who was brutally attacked in Oakland.
- Mother-Daughter Canal Ride: Imagine Gosling, our thirty foot narrow boat, travelling from Huntingdon to Hebden Bridge. Imagine Mother and daughter co-owners raising money for forest restoration. Imagine a journey of 315 miles with 240 locks, 5 moveable bridges, 21 small aqueducts and 5 tunnels.
- Neals Run To Fight Thyroid Cancer: themselves are battling thyroid cancer and are
running a total of 3000 miles to raise money for thyroid cancer research
- The Joseph Hanbury Children's Fund: to support the children of Joseph Hanbury, who passed away unexpectedly (" Joe's Kids").
- Michelle's Volunteering!: traveling to Africa (Tanzania) to do volunteer work as part of Cross Cultural Solutions.
- Summit Challenge 2006: Jordan Crouch is raising money for her alma mater, the Seattle Pacific University by climbing the 14,410 feet of Mt. Rainier.
- Walking to D'Feet ALS: fund set up for Rick to help him with his medical expenses (unlike any other PledgePage site -- with animated photos et al).
- Charlotte's Wellness Fund: to help someone who has faced tremendous physical
and mental hardships and who has overwhelming hospital bills to pay.
- Mujeres por la justicia, educacion y el reconocimiento: helping poor women in Guatemala become self-sufficient (a PledgePage entirely in Spanish!).
You might also seeing some of the following sites that have attracted a lot of attention lately:
Some historically significant PledgePages ...
12.31.2003 : John Petersen|
This is the first PledgePage ever :) by the founder of PledgePage. Click to see his
second one from late 2003.
12.31.2004 : Peter Ruan|
Pete made up a PledgePage for a fundraiser for PledgePage. He has put pictures of his shoes, the random cheerleaders he met at the marathon, and even one of his Dad! :)
12.31.2005 : Team EA's Excellent Adventure|
Inspired to support the breast cancer cause, this group of people created a PledgePage, got over 69000 hits and raised about 18 thousand dollars!
If you feel that your site should be listed on this page, please write to us with a snapshot of what inspires you.